FDNY: New Dorp house fire caused by space heater

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Fire marshals have determined that a two-alarm fire at a home in New Dorp on Monday was caused by a bed being in close proximity to a space heater, according to the FDNY.

The blaze at the two-story residential building at 273 Edison St., was deemed accidental.

The FDNY announced the findings on its Twitter account.

Read More

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This is not an official City of New York or FDNY website. All information shall not be considered that given by the New York City Fire Department or FDNY. The FDNY acronym and the FDNY Shield Design are federal registered trademarks owned by the City of New York.

Copyright 2014 Civil Service Media. All rights reserved.