NY Daily News – August 05, 2017
by ADAM SHRIER
Firefighters rescued a resident who was critically injured in an apartment fire that broke out in a Bronx project building early Saturday, officials said.
The blaze engulfed a fifth floor apartment and smoke flooded the halls of the Gouverneur Morris Houses on Washington Ave. near E. 170th St. in Claremont Village around 1 a.m., according to authorities.
The fire was extinguished about 30 minutes later.
Medics rushed the resident, who was trapped in the flames, to Lincoln Hospital in critical but stable condition.
A firefighter who participated in the rescue effort was taken to North Central Bronx Hospital with minor injuries.